In this podcast, I speak with Shari Yocum of EY focusing on the often overlooked “human-side” of M&A.
When putting together an M&A deal it’s tempting to focus solely on operations and the financials.
But to ensure a smooth transition after the papers are signed… you can’t forget the people side of things and company culture, says Shari Yocum of Ernst & Young’s People Advisory Services Practice in Silicon Valley.
In fact, says Shari, your work in this key area should start when you’re structuring the deal. Otherwise, you risk losing key employees and having frustrating “political” clashes that hamper productivity and profits in the newly merged company.
Listen in to find out…
- How to combat fear of change and the unknown among employees
- The key thing you can do to drive retention
- Why you should off-board as well as you onboard team members
- The importance of taking “emotion” out of M&A
- Who should lead your employees through a merger
- And more…
You can contact Shari directly at Shari.Yocum@ey.com